Friday 1 October 2010

Day 91 : Chicken With Vegetables

CHICKEN WITH VEGETABLES

This evening, Justine is going to help me prepare dinner. 
We are making a chicken dish and not forgetting our vegetables at the same time. This is a very simple dish to prepare. Honestly, no prior cooking skills required. This is soh my kinda dish. :D

1. The Ingredients
chicken fillet (bite size), cauliflower, bell peppers, shitake mushrooms, carrot, baby corn.

tempeh, onions, garlic and ginger

We're gonna stir-fry the tempeh as a side dish.

2. Saute & Toss In
Saute the onions, garlic and ginger 
in sesame seed oil until fragrant.
Toss in the chicken and cili padi 
(bird's eye chilly).

Toss in the rest of the vegetables 
except the red bell peppers.
Add water to half-cover the ingredients.
Add organic dark sauce, shoyu, pepper 
and half a cube of mushroom stock 
(no preservatives).

When the everything is about ready, 
add some arrowroot powder 
(pre-mixed with water in a small bowl) 
and pour in. The soup will thicken.
Toss in the bell peppers.
Dish out and serve immediately. :D

Before that, remember to grab a 
handful of coriander leaves 
to garnish and snap a photo. :D

3. Side Dish
As the chicken dish is simmering, prepare the tempeh.
Stir-fry in sesame seed oil.
Add organic dark sauce and sesalt. 
Add water.

Justine did both the stir-frying, while I handled
the tossing in of the ingredients.

Bryan made some effort to decorate his plate 
for photography purposes. As always. :D

This is my plate. :D
I sprinkled some sunflower seeds over the brown rice 
and a pinch of black sesame seeds for contrast. 
Then, I plonked a generous helping of sambal 
we prepared the night before (Sambal-Stuffed Fish)
on the heap of rice. See what I mean when I say, 
You must always, always have extra sambal. :D 
I enjoyed my dinner eating with my fingers. :D


Today, I had my one shake of The Green Drink 
in the morning, fried bee hoon for lunch 
and the above for dinner.

To Sum Up
1 shake & 2 meals
Juice (Finally). Fruit. Water. Milk Tea

Time of Posting : 1:37pm (Saturday)