Saturday 23 April 2011

DiSH 205 : PASTA with GRiLLED CHiCKEN


 PASTA with GRILLED CHICKEN 
and VEGETABLES


This evening, I'm gonna prepare a simple, no-fuss dinner. 


Easy peasy. :D


I'm gonna grill chicken, boil pasta (vermicelli), blanch broccoli and prepare potato salad. Sounds like a whole lot to do I know ... but trust me, they are just baby steps leading to a yummy dinner. :D

Ozonize the chicken 
to remove the antibiotics and whatever toxic residues ...

1. The Chicken

Season the freshly-ozonized chicken with spicy teriyaki sauce, light shoyu, dark shoyu (spoon on left), honey (spoon on right), sesame seed oil, chicken stock and black pepper.

Place the seasoned chicken on a grilling tray and pop it into the mini-oven. Grill at 180 degrees celcius for about 30 minutes.

 2. The Pasta

Boil pasta noodles until al dente. Just before draining, toss in broccoli and carrots. Blanch briefly. Drain and set aside. Remove vegetables to a separate bowl.

The pasta is in a mixing bowl. Drizzle olive oil over and toss to coat evenly. I would have liked to add coriander leaves for a bit of texture but my daughter likes her pasta plain. :D

Transfer to dinner plate.

 The grilled chicken is ready ... 
Hmmmmm ... the aroma is amazing!
Transfer the pieces onto pasta and 
pour gravy over the noodles.

3. The Vegetables

Boil potatoes at the same time as pasta. When tender, drain and mix with a generous dollop of mayonnaise. I'm adding some fresh red bell peppers too. Squeeze lemon juice over the fresh vegetables.

 Ta -- dahhh!!!
 
We are enjoying our dinner very much. :D:D:D

Bon Appetite!!!


My morning green drink ...

Helps to regulate and maintain my blood sugar 
because of its high chromium content ... :D