Saturday 23 October 2010

Day 113 : Mackerel Fish Potato Cutlet with Linguine

MACKEREL FISH POTATO CUTLET
WITH LINGUINE

Bryan and I are supposed to make burger pates today. However, since he's outstation, I'm gonna do the next best thing. Fish Cutlets. I have a can of mackerel in chilly sauce which I'm gonna use. All the ingredients are pre-cooked so I only need to do shallow frying.


3 simple steps :-

1. Boil & Mash the Ingredients
2. Fry the Cutlets
3. Prepare the Pasta

1. Boil & Mash the Ingredients

Boil carrots and potatoes in salted water.
Remove bones from the mackerel. 
Leave the sauce aside for the pasta later. 
Add a dash of pepper. Mash them up.

Beat an egg and add to it. 
This helps to bind the ingredients together.


Time to make the cutlets.

Shape them into a ball and press flat. 
Like a burger. Tidy and smooth the sides.
Sprinkle and coat with flour.
I'm using organic corn flour.
2. Fry the Cutlet
Justine is helping me here as my hands are all floured. 
Only shallow frying is required. 
It only takes a few minutes to brown. 
So don't wait too long to flip over.
Perfect, Jus! :D
3. Prepare the Pasta
Boil some linguine noodles in salted water
until half-cooked.
Drain and set aside.





The Sauce
Saute garlic and onions in olive oil.
Add basil herbs.
Pour the sauce-contents from 
the can of mackerel.
Add the linguine and allow the noodles 
to cook for a few minutes.

Bon Appetite!

The linguine is tasty and flavorsome. 
The fish cutlets are just yummy-awesome!
A delicious dinner! :D


Time of Posting : 8:30am (MON)