This is a very simple recipe for a thoroughly awesome
roasted chicken for Christmas dinner.
No, we're not that into turkey.
The truth is, our oven is not that big.
Besides, we have not the faintest idea how to prepare a Christmas turkey.
1. Clean the chicken. Pull out any excess feathers, please.
2. Marinate with honey, butter, seasalt and pepper.
3. Squeeze a whole lemon over the chicken.
4. Get your hands in, and start massaging the chicken thighs and drumsticks.
5. Bruise the herbs.
We are using thyme and rosemary.
6. Add potatoes and carrots.
7. Cover with aluminium foil.
Pop into oven for 45 minutes to an hour
pre-heated at 400 F.
8. Remove from oven. Remove the foil.
Pop into the oven again for 15 - 20 minutes to brown the chicken further.
9. Add cherry tomatoes.
We are preparing 2 trays in the oven.
10. Ta--dahhh. :D
The aroma is super awesome.
Garnish with parsley.
(This draft was prepared after Christmas 2013. Forgot to upload.)