Tuesday 7 February 2012

DiSH 214 : ASSAM PRAWNS

ASSAM PRAWNS




Sunday, February 5

This dish is cooked by a friend of ours, G. 

Oh, I finally realized my mistake when I attempt this dish. 

I add water. You must NOT add water, says G. 

So, that's the secret. 

Put enough oil so the prawns won't stick to the wok or pan. 

Just don't add water, and I guarantee you, 

you'd be able to prepare this dish beautifully. 

It's kindergarten easy. :D












Step 1 
De-vein the prawns. 
Remove shell, leaving head and tail. 
Marinate with assam paste, black sauce and sugar. 



Step 2 
Pour a generous amount of oil onto wok. 
Saute minced garlic. 


Step 3 
Add the prawns. 
Fry Fry Fry. 
Sprinkle sugar on  top. 
It's about ready when the prawns begin to get sticky. :D





Here's our lunch at the waterfall resort. Fried mee hoon with curry chicken and assam prawns. Hmmmmm ...

The prawns are absolutely finger - lickin' good. :D

Yummy!!!