Friday 12 November 2010

Day 133 : Mixed Vegetable Rice

MIXED VEGETABLE RICE

This evening, we are preparing a simple dinner of mixed vegetables and a potato stew.



3 Simple Steps : 

1. Fry the Vegetables.

2. Stew the Potatoes.

3. Mix with Rice.


The Vegetables.

 1. Fry the Vegetables.

Stir-fry the tempeh first in sesame seed oil. 
Add organic dark sauce, seasalt and mirin 
(a healthier choice to sugar).
Dish out and set aside.

 Saute garlic and onions in sesame seed oil until fragrant. 
Toss in all the vegetables except for the tomatoes.
Add shoyu. Add water. 
Just before dishing out to serving plate, 
add the tomatoes. Close lid and count to 10. :D
Transfer to a serving dish.

Scatter the caramelized tempeh on top.

2. Stew the Potatoes.

Shave the potatoes a the peeler 
and chop some mushrooms stalks.
Saute garlic and onions in sesame seed oil.
Add the potatoes. Add the stalks. 
Add water. Add oyster sauce.
Simmer on low heat until potatoes are cooked.

Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with some chillies.

3. Mix with Rice.

This reminds me of how I used to take my food when I was kid. Everything is mixed together with the rice. It would have been good had we made some sambal belacan or even add a little marmite to the rice. I didn't bother with those. I just relied on my - fingers ! :D

Oh, yummy for the tummy!




This morning, I had my one shake of The Green Drink, Kopitiam Breakfast Set, Kuey Teow Noodle Soup for lunch 
and the above for dinner.


To Sum Up 
1 shake & 3 meals (yikes!)
No juice. No fruit. Tea. Milk Tea. Water. Hemoberry.


Time of Posting : Monday @ 8:10am