Thursday 1 July 2010

The Green Drink ...


Thursday, July 1, 2010
9:30pm @ Home

Day 1 is almost over.

Have decided to incorporate a 3 day liquid fast into the 10 days detox. Bryan and I have decided to do what works for us. He doesn't like the fasting idea and thinks I'm trying to kill him. As if I would do such a thing. And I didn't want to eat a proper breakfast and lunch, because once I start eating, I'd be like eating the whole day. Munching on this and that. So, we know our bodies. Hayley says she will start on the 4th. She's got a dinner to attend on the 3rd and would be difficult to clean out when you want to pig out. :D

To cleanse the body, apart from juices:-

(1) green drinks are recommended, with 
(2) probiotics to replace the friendly bacteria, 
(3) protein powder for energy and repair and development of tissues, and 
(4) fiber to act as a brush to scrub the colon clean. 

Mix them all into a shaker with filtered water, and add 3 cubes of ice. It tastes really good when chilled. In this blog, I'm gonna refer to this combination as ... ta - dah ...

The Green Drink.

Ooh, excuse me. Don't play ... :D

I assured myself that l'd have unlimited juice and fruits during the 3 days. And during detox, it's always advisable to have at least 8 glasses of water. Like cleaning the kitchen. You can't clean the kitchen with plenty of floor detergent, and not enough water.

Anyway, today I had my 3 shakers of The Green Drink, a banana and some jack fruit. And juices. And water.

Bowel movement was good. Energy level was good. Shoulder now a bit aching though. The book did warn about body aches and other healing crisis during a detox. Not to worry. It should pass.