Thursday 23 September 2010

Day 83 ... Pan Fried Wolf-Herring With Biryani Rice

 PAN FRIED WOLF-HERRING (IKAN PARANG) 
with BIRYANI RICE

As You can see, we still have the biryani rice that we bought from Kapitan Curry House in Penang. I had taken out some parang fish to thaw. Bryan pan fried them. Oohhh ... The aroma of fried tumeric that filled the kitchen was simply heavenly. We were doing our deep breathing exercises at this point. :D

 1. Marinate
Marinate the fish with seasalt, pepper 
and organic tumeric powder. 

2. Fry
Heat cooking oil in the frying pan.
Be sure the fish is dry before putting it in the hot oil.
 3. Garnish
We always make it a point to garnish our meals if You notice.
When You can't find anything appropriate, a chilly padi will do.

We are having a simple dinner this evening because we had a heavy lunch this afternoon. I had lamb stew with rice and Bryan had pan mee noodles. Justine had 2 packets of noodles, pan mee and kuey teow. :D 

So, we were still quite full and did not bother with preparing a vegetable dish or soup. Just the yummy fried fish was enough. It went so well with the fluffy biryani rice. Only eating with your fingers can do justice to this biryani fish.

 Close Up
This parang fish is really excellent. And such an exotic name too.  

Wolf-Herring

Excuse me (bat the eye-lash a bit), but I had Wolf-Herring for dinner. :D The wolf-fish was fresh and completely tasty. The crispy parts are the best parts, if You ask me. :D

I resumed my shake of The Green Drink this morning. I was quite constipated after my 2 day trip up north. Am back on it. So, am now all clean and green inside. :D

Time of Posting : 3:37pm